Saturday, October 08, 2005

Investing My Money

I am ready to begin investing some of the money I have. As I mentioned before, I decided to take a different approach in these early years. Instead of placing all the money into a 529 Plan or Coverdell Education Saving Account, I have decided to take this money and invest it in antiques. While this is not a typical approach, I have someone who is an expert in this area helping me out so I feel the potential risks are worth the rewards.

My uncle said that he will go on a buying run this weekend and try to pick up some items to begin my investments in this area. I'm excited to see what he will be able to find.

The plan will be to invest any profits into some type of college saving account. I still need to do some more research to find which would be best for me. I will sit down and review 529 Plans, Coverdell as well as non college specific saving options and hopefully come up with a basic plan by the end of this month. It's just a lot of information to take in for someone as young as me.

No comments: