Tuesday, September 13, 2005

How To Invest? 529 Fund or Antiques

Now that I have $2000, I need to decide how to invest it. At this point my main focus will be getting my college education fund. While I am considering opening a 529 Fund for this purpose and that would be the typical way to go, my uncle has offered to do some investing for me in Japanese antiques. While there are some risks involved in investing this way, the payoff will be much greater if the investments work out.

It helps that he has a track record and is familiar with Japanese antiques so I do have confidence that this will work out better than simply placing it in a 529 fund and leaving it there at the moment. After having a conversation with my uncle where I gurgled (what do you expect at 2 months?) a lot and he explained his plan, I smiled to show my agreement to the plan.

He will begin the investing when he returns to Japan at the end of this month. I hope to double the current amount I have by my first birthday.

No comments: