Thursday, July 13, 2006

Birthday Savings

For my first birthday, I got a lot of clothes and other gifts from friends and family. I also got to increase my college savings by an extra $100 as a gift from my uncle. He sat down and told me that he wouldn't be getting me gifts for my birthday, Christmas or other special events, but will always add a little bit to my college fund instead. Since I get a lot of great gifts from everyone else, I think this is a good strategy and will help make sure that the college fund is being looked after.

I have been catching up on getting all my financial numbers in order. While I'm not quite done yet, I did learn that this site is now generating over $150 a month in income for me. If I can keep that pace for the next 17 years without any other income or interest, that will give me over $30,000 for my college fund. It goes to show how saving over a long period can add up to quite a bit, especially if you begin early.

$100 for savings


$100 for savings


$100 for savings

No comments: